Wednesday 11 January 2012

We Love Lindsay!

we love lindsay clark
she works very very hard
normally someone that worked that hard on things
would be cause for alarm
but lindz is fast and fun
and holds up well when a challenge comes her way

here's a fun quiz i sent her a year or so ago
you can see her wit come through
she plays the same way
there's an assurance about her performances
there's never a worry when lindz is on boards

What has CAL taught you?
  Love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe.

Is there anything you can't do with your instrument?
  Uh, no.  Please don't ask me to elaborate on that; this is a family book. 

Three Albums? 
Zep IV, The Wall, Thriller.

Beatles or Stones? 
The Who.

What has been your biggest musical challenge? 
Boston.  I nearly soiled myself every night with stage fright, but I always won.

Monty Python or Spinal Tap?
  Tap.

What is the philosophy of your playing?
  Look innocent and keep going.

Favourite album to perform?
  The Wall.  It takes me on a real emotional journey each time.

Favourite road story?
  Once upon a time, on the Zep IV East Coast tour, Nicky had this binder he kept his lyrics in...

Favourite venue?
  Imperial Theatre, Saint John, NB.  I picked up a boyfriend through that place.  I ended up dating the GM's cousin, who lives in Toronto.  It lasted almost a year, and I still consider him to be the one that got away.

Where do you keep your passport?
  On me at all times.  You never know when you'll need to make a quick getaway.  (AND I KNOW THIS QUESTION WAS DIRECTED AT ME!)

What's it like working with Craig?
  In terms of Craig's energy and enthusiasm, like working with a really really really smart 10-year-old.  Everything new is an exciting adventure to him.  (AND YOU KNOW I SAY THIS WITH LOVE IN MY HEART!)

When did you first hear about CAL?
  They advertised the 1st anniversary show, which was The Wall, in NOW magazine, which I normally consider to be a waste of pulp.  I went to the show, loved it, and spent the next 3 years emailing Craig asking him to give me a job.  He obliged me on June 28, 2007.

When are you the happiest?
  With lots of work to do, and ample time to get it all done.

Springsteen or Springsteen? 
  Zeppelin.

What do you hear in your playing that mirrors your life?
  In playing as in life, it's all a big puzzle. 
 On me at all times.  You never know when you'll need to make a quick getaway.  (AND I KNOW THIS QUESTION WAS DIRECTED AT ME!)

What's it like working with Craig? 
In terms of Craig's energy and enthusiasm, like working with a really really really smart 10-year-old.  Everything new is an exciting adventure to him.  (AND YOU KNOW I SAY THIS WITH LOVE IN MY HEART!)

When did you first hear about CAL?
  They advertised the 1st anniversary show, which was The Wall, in NOW magazine, which I normally consider to be a waste of pulp.  I went to the show, loved it, and spent the next 3 years emailing Craig asking him to give me a job.  He obliged me on June 28, 2007.

When are you the happiest?  With lots of work to do, and ample time to get it all done.

Springsteen or Springsteen?
   Zeppelin.

What do you hear in your playing that mirrors your life?
  In playing as in life, it's all a big puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment